Morphe 3502 second nature and Tarte toasted palette review

Life update: My blog over the past few months has not been my priority as a result of being in my final year of university. I wanted to put all my effort and time into my final year so I could achieve the best mark. Now I have finished and I am awaiting my results I have decided to get back into blogging both because it is something I enjoy doing but also because I'm hoping to distract myself while I am waiting for my results.

I have this blog post and I also have a get away with my boyfriend and a holiday which I will also be blogging. I hope you enjoy reading and I am happy to be back blogging.

I know these palettes look like they have not received a lot of love, but I took these photos almost the same day I got them because I wanted nice clean palettes for my blog post. (Both palettes have since received a lot of love and look gross).

I received both these palettes for my 21st birthday, one was a gift from my mum and another from a close adored friend (mentioned in my day out with a life long friend post).  I was spoilt on my birthday and I aware of how lucky I am to be in the position to receive such beautiful gifts from my wonderful friends and family.

I have used both these palettes almost daily since receiving them. Although I have other palettes which have beautiful shades from other brands these palettes have definitely become my new favourites. However both these palettes have their positive and negatives.

The Tarte palette is quite expensive priced at £41.00 however the brand is known to be on the higher end prices or maybe I'm just tight with money. What I love about this palette is the size, it is so easy and efficient for travel, does not take up much room in your dressing table or makeup collection, hence more room for you to buy more makeup, plus it also has a massive mirror built in. The shades are all related to the theme of heat so therefore are burnt oranges, browns and reds. The shadows apply easily and also blend like a dream however there is quite a lot of fall out.

In order the shades are: S,more, sunrise, sunset, crackle, cashmere, warmth, flame, cozy, candle, latte, simmer and fireside.  (get the theme). The shades I tend to reach for the most are s'more, warmth, cozy, latte and flame. I tend to reach for this palette more than the morphe, however I do think it is just because I'm lazy when I'm doing my makeup and the Tarte palette has a mirror right there so saves me having to look for one.

The Morphe 3502 palette is gorgeous, the sleek black packaging is definitely aesthetically pleasing. Once again the shades are those of burnt oranges and reds and warm neutrals. All my palettes follow this theme I just find these colours compliment my eyes and I find it easier to make looks with these shades. Although this palette is larger than the Tarte one, I would say it is still travel friendly simply because of the fact that it is so light weight and thin. Once again these shadows apply well with high pigmentation and blend well also. I would say the fall out is not so much with this palette compared to the Tarte one.





Comments

Popular Posts