Luxury Greek Spa escape

Holiday: to me personally the word means an escape from reality, from the pressures of university, pressures of working and escaping the views that make you feel stressed. It's seeing breath taking views, and exploring new things I know and as cheesy as it sounds realising the amazing world we live in. I recently had the experience to go travelling with one of my longest best friends and it was one of the best experiences of my life so far!.

Going abroad with a friend was definitely one of the highest things on my bucket list and I'm so glad I can say I have completed it!. I am not going to lie I was terrified once the holiday was booked, it was quite last minute and we had so much to arrange. I was scared of going abroad without an adult and I was scared of it not going to plan, but dealing with the things that went wrong and appreciating the things that went perfectly right was all part of the experience. We made it to Greece and back home and that in itself is an achievement in my eyes. The hotel we were staying at was a Spa Hotel its purpose relaxation. It was perfect for myself and my friend, we did not fancy the idea of a big party week holiday we wanted a relaxed cultural holiday, were we could have some days receiving a massage and some days travelling and experiencing Greek culture, and we did just that.
*Entrance*
*mountain views from front pool*
Our hotel was rated a 5* online and the photo's on the website were spectacular, but myself and my friend were trying to reduce our expectations just in case it looked nothing like the photos. However our minds were more than blown when we turned up and practically walked into the perfect photos we had seen online and pretty much every day we spent letting it sink in how just beautiful this hotel was and how amazing the views were. It constantly felt like we were on one of those extravagant holiday adverts. 








The hotel was all inclusive, breakfast was 7:00-10:00am//Lunch:1:00-:2:30pm//Dinner: 7:00-10:00pm. It was based on a Mediterranean diet and the food always looked so colourful and beautiful, they also served hot dishes such as fish, pasta and different meat everyday. The food was literally mouth watering and when I could smell them cooking it while we were lying by the pool it was always the best smell ever!.




 These are just some of the views we experienced on this holiday daily it was so refreshing to wake up to everyday and just opened my eyes to how different the world is and how much there is to see. I urge everyone reading this blog to save and travel even if its just to a different location in your own country. Life is short see as much of this amazing world as you can in the short time we have!.




As the title suggests this was a Spa Hotel and trust me the spa was just a beautiful as the views. Although the actual spa treatments were very pricey so myself and my friend only had a facial my skin looked radiant and lovely for the rest of the holiday and I enjoyed the experience very much it was so relaxing and everybody loves a good pamper!.










The spa pools were designed to help in certain ways and improve your health and your skin, for example one was ice cold and the other was steamy hot, you would spend 20 minutes in the cold pool then gladly hop into the oversized steamy pool. The warm pool was much more like a wonderful hug and a luxury bath, which I wish I could fit into my bathroom at home. We were given soft cosy white dressing gowns and fluffy white slippers to walk around in which you might find highly confusing as this was Greece but the spa was much colder than outside due to the air conditioning keeping all the products for the spa treatments cold.








Our main aim of our holiday was to avoid staying around the pool lying around as much as we could whenever we weren't receiving spa treatments. We wanted to do adventurous things that we would really remember, such as we went on a speed boat to a nearby island where the water was so clear we could see the rocks at the bottom, we even saw a family of seals but they were impossible to photograph on a speeding boat when they were hiding between the waves. We also visited the popular tourist centre of Athens using the local bus service although difficult with the language barrier we managed to arrive at the Acropolis and the view all over Athens. Its is something I will always remember mainly because I was told not to look down and I did and my heart fell out the white cute sandals I was wearing!.  






This holiday although the idea was petrifying at the start was insane, it was such an experience to go abroad and plan it with a friend with no adult where we were both just as clueless as each other. Both myself and my friend are at university we hardly see each other and its difficult to stay in contact when we are both drowning in assignment's, it definitely brought us close and was definitely needed!. A break with a close friend no matter where will always be a good idea it creates life lasting memories and brings you closer.  
*sorry for the complete cheese fest but its true this world has some really breath taking places!
where was your last holiday? Have you been abroad with a friend?
as always thankyou so much for reading!*


Comments

Popular Posts